Monday 31 December 2007

Local scenery proves picture-perfect

Albany & Great Southern Weekender
Thursday 13/12/2007 Page: 71

A LOCAL amateur photographer is turning his love of Albany's scenery into a potential business. Twenty-one-year-old Sam Piggott has already produced a postcard from a photo he took one day at the windfarm and has since been inspired to continue the venture. Having sold over 600 with only a few left to sell, Mr Piggott said he was surprised at the response he has received since he began selling them.

"I went out there one day with a friend and used his camera. It wasn't until I got it printed that I thought I should make it into a postcard," Mr Piggott said. "It's sort of a hobby of mine, producing postcards. "I've only got one from the windfarm at the moment, but somewhere down the track, I may take photos of other scenic places." The postcards, on sale at local news agencies and general stores in Albany, have been received positively by visitors and locals.

0 comments: